What is Personal Data?
Personal data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, whom the latter can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier. This personal information may be processed – such processing refers to any operation which is performed on personal data such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring and storage.
Information we collect
We only collect personally identifiable information (i.e. information identifying one individual from the other) which would have been provided to us to provide you with our Services or when you receive communications from us, or when you send us an email or other communication. We may also acquire personal data from or through third parties with whom we have an agreement in order to provide our services. Examples of personally identifiable information may include but are not limited to, the name, physical address, email address and phone number.
Processing of Personal Data:
We will process personal data fairly and lawfully, and only to the extent necessary as may be allowed in terms of law or in terms of our agreement or our terms and conditions. When processing your personal data, we will make sure that the processing shall be lawful and only, if and to the extent that at least one of the following applies:
1. To provide you with the Services requested and, any ancillary actions related thereto;
2. You have given your clear affirmative consent, signifying agreement to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes;
3. To send informational newsletters that you have opted-in to;
4. Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
5. Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests;
6. Processing is necessary to operate, maintain, enhance and provide our Services;
7. Processing is necessary for communication purposes;
8. When required by applicable laws or court orders, Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery may disclose your information and personal data.
Rights of Data Subjects
In terms of the aforementioned regulations we protect the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons and in particular their right to the protection of personal data.
As a data subject you have the following rights:
1. Right of access – You have the right to obtain for us confirmation as whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data and the additional information as outlined in the regulations. Limitations to this right will only be applicable if provided in terms of law such as anti-money laundering regulations.
2. Right to rectification – You have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you.
3. Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) – You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data in terms of law. This right is limited by, and subject to all our compliance, regulatory and legal obligations, including anti-money laundering regulations, whereby we are obliged to hold your personal data for such period stipulated at law, after the termination of our relationship or any other such longer time which may be necessary in view of the particular services provided to you,
4. Right to restriction of processing – You shall have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where, in terms of the aforementioned regulations, one of the following applies:
• the accuracy of personal data is contested by yourself for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
• the processing is unlawful and you oppose to the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
• we no longer need the personal data, but are required by yourself for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• you object to processing pursuant to your right to object pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours;
5. Right to data portability – You shall have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
6. Right to object – You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation to processing of your personal data. We shall no longer process your personal data unless we have a compelling legitimate ground for the processing. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom the newsletter received.
7. Right to lodge a complaint – Should you require any clarification or need to discuss matters relating to data protection, you may contact Adrian Camilleri by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a data subject, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information and Data Protection Commissioner, Level 2, Airways House, High Street, Sliema SLM 1549, Malta through their website https://idpc.org.mt/.
We are committed to protecting our visitors’ privacy and we will not collect any personal information about you as a visitor unless you provide it voluntarily. When you fill the form on the “CONTACT US”, we use the personal information submitted in the form only to respond to your message. This personal information will not be kept longer than necessary and will be deleted once the feedback requirement is met.
Links to other Websites
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data. However, Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery, cannot warrant and does not represent that our level of security meets or exceeds any specific standards. No internet transmission is 100% secure, nor is stored data free from vulnerabilities. Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery cannot guarantee the security of the Website, databases or services, nor can Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery guarantee that the personal information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery is not responsible for the actions of third parties.
Limitation of Liability
In collaboration with its brands, Raphael Azzopardi has tried to accurately display shapes and colors of its products on the Website; these mostly depend on your monitor and may therefore be perceived differently. We shall not be responsible if the products which You receive are not identical, inter alia in size and appearance, to the products portrayed and described on the Site.
In no event will Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery be liable to You for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits, even if Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
In no event will Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery be held liable for skin irritation due to allergic reactions and death as a result of suffocation.
You agree to indemnify and hold Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Your Use of the Site, including also Your Use of the Site to provide a link to another site or to upload content or other information to the Site.
Delivery and Returns Policy
• Free delivery in Malta on orders over 50 Euro. Maximum delivery time is 2-3 working days from date of purchase.
• Free delivery to Gozo on orders over 150 Euro. On orders less than 150 Euro, a delivery fee of 10 Euro applies. Deliveries take place over the weekend.
• Deliveries to other countries from our store in Malta usually take:
– up to 7 working days for countries within the European Union; and
– between 2-4 weeks for countries outside the European Union.
• You may return the Products within 15 days from when you receive them as long as they are returned unused and in the same condition as they are received. This does not apply to earrings (due to hygiene purposes), a product that has been personalised or made to your measurements and personal specifications; (we also can’t accept cancellations for these orders), to home décor items/jewellery which has been engraved or specifically ordered by the client, to festive items (Christmas) as well as to items on sale or clearance. Such Products may not be returned.
• Returned items will be exchanged or a credit note valid for three months will be issued.
• Unless the Products are defective, damaged or not as specified on your order acknowledgement, you are responsible for the cost of returning Products. We recommend that you use the registered mail service, as proof of shipping is not proof of receipt. If the Products are faulty the postage costs will be refunded on the same credit card or through the same payment method used in the initial payment, where possible.
• Without prejudice to the above, customers wishing to return any products, must send an email to email@example.com
• Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery undertakes no obligation to accept returns for products purchased on third-party Web sites or in a physical retail store which is not Raphael Azzopardi Jewellery in Ibrag, Swieqi, Malta.